Around the horn: Top 5 sports stories from Tuesday
• Marvin Miller, the man who revolutionized sports by leading baseball players in strikes for free agency, died today at 95 years old at his home in Manhattan. His legacy has left a mark on the MLB, the Players Association, and the game of baseball.
• Stanford and UCLA will fight for the Pac-12 Championship Friday in Palo Alto, CA, and Stanford is predicted to win it. UCLA is also playing to stay in the Rose Bowl.
• Detroit Lion Ndamukong Suh appeared to have kicked Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub in the groin during the Thanksgiving day game. Schaub believes the kick was intentional, but notorious “dirty player” Suh was not suspended.
• Former Florida State defensive coordinator Mark Stoops is hired as the head coach for Kentucky. The former Arizona football coach Mike Stoops’ brother turned the Seminoles into one of the nation’s top defensive teams while with Florida State.
• Evan Longoria of the Tampa Bay Rays signed a multi-year contract extension through 2023 worth $100 million.