Around the horn: top five weekend sports stories
• Stanford’s upset of Oregon shook up the Pac-12 title race. If Stanford defeats UCLA and Oregon loses to Oregon State, Stanford will represent the North in the championship game while UCLA represents the South.
• Notre Dame is ranked No. 1 in the Associated Press college football poll, with Alabama at No. 2. The Fighting Irish will need to beat USC to secure a spot in the BCS title game.
• Former Wildcat Rob Gronkowski had seven catches for 137 yards and two scores against the Colts Sunday. He became the first tight end in NFL history to have at least 10 touchdowns for three consecutive seasons.
• 48-year-old Miguel Jimenez became the oldest golfer to win the European Tour. He earned his 19th tour victory by shooting a 5-under 65.
• The NHL and the locked-out players’ association will return to discussing labor and disagreements over player contract terms.