Around the horn: Top 5 stories from Thursday
• Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o claims the story of his girlfriend’s death was all a hoax used against him. There are no records that indicate her death, but reports from people who have met her insist that she does in fact exist. Te’o says the relationship was solely online and that he was duped into believing in her existence and death. Is Te’o a liar of a victim of a scheme?
• The Jacksonville Jaguars have a new head coach. Seattle defensive coordinator Gus Bradley will join the team in its rebuilding project of coming back from being one of the worst franchises in the NFL.
• Serena Williams carries on in the Australian Open, defeating Garbine Muguruza despite an injured lip and ankle.
• The Lance Armstrong saga continues as the International Olympic Committee has stripped away his 2000 Olympic bronze medal.
• After a strange and unsuccessful season with the Jets, Tim Tebow’s future is uncertain and his destination unknown.