Around the horn: Top 5 sports stories from Thursday
• 25-year-old X-games freestyle snowmobile rider Caleb Moore passed away today after suffering injuries from a crash. This being the first in the X-games’ short history could stir up safety issues.
• Today is round 1 of the Phoenix Open and Phil Mickelson makes the biggest impact, having fired 29 on the opening nine.
• David Beckham is joining Paris Saint-Germain, which could possibly lead him to a winning title in a fourth country. He says he will donate his salary with the league to charity.
• The deer-antler spray that has been reportedly used by Ray Lewis is also suspected to be used by Alabama football players. The co-founder of a sports supplement company claims to have seen multiple Tide players use the product, which contains a banned substance.
• The Tucson Citizen ranked all the “Millers” in the Pac-12 and Pac-10 era, putting Arizona basketball coach Sean Miller at number 7 for his success with the team in a short amount of time.