Around the horn: Top 5 sports stories from Tuesday
• NBA star Allen Iverson turned down an offer to play for the Texas Legends, a D-League affiliate of the Dallas Mavericks. Iverson looks to complete his legacy in the NBA, but the D-League route is not one he wants to take.
• Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens clears his conscience before the Super Bowl and forgives Wes Welker’s wife for a sarcastic tweet she posted against him.
• Tiger Woods proved that golf is a mental game yesterday with his 75th PGA Tour win at the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines.
• Incoming freshman Anu Solomon is undoubtedly a starting quarterback option for the Arizona Wildcats, but the history of true freshmen starting quarterbacks brings up the issue of whether Solomon should be red-shirted or start the 2013-14 football season.
• Randy Moss, wide receiver for the San Francisco 49ers, told reporters at Super Bowl media day today that he’s the greatest receiver of all time.