Around the horn: Top 5 sports stories from Wednesday
• Chip Kelly is leaving Oregon and heading to Philadelphia to be the head coach of the Eagles. This is his first NFL coaching position, and it looks like former Wildcat Nick Foles will get a taste of his coaching style.
• Montreal Alouettes coach Marc Trestman is hired as head coach by the Chicago Bears to replace Lovie Smith. The Bears are hoping Trestman’s experience with quarterbacks brings the most out of Jay Cutler.
• The NHL will be making up to its fans for the lockout when the season begins again Saturday, giving discounts on tickets and merchandise and offering perks such as free parking.
• Day three of the Australian Open shows victory for Maria Sharapova and Novak Djokovic. Venus Williams glides on with success and will take on Sharapova on Friday.
• Matt Scott stood out at the East-West Shrine game practice, impressing Steve Muench of Scouts Inc. The East-West Shrine game is a charity post-season all-star game and it gives an opportunity for college players to impress scouts.