Around the horn: Top 5 sports stories from Tuesday
• A Texas company that paid Lance Armstrong bonuses for three of his Tour de France wins wants $12 million back from him, and Armstrong does not intend to repay them.
• Officials of the Superdome in New Orleans said they will hire experts to investigate the cause of the 34-minute power outage that put the third quarter of the Super Bowl on hold.
• X-Games snowmobiler Caleb Moore’s death has lead to reexaminations of the safety precautions and regulations of the risky stunts pulled in these extreme sports.
• Arizona basketball’s Kevin Parrom will play tomorrow against Stanford in McKale after being ejected Saturday night against Washington State for a flagrant foul. Meanwhile, the man who shot him in the leg in September 2011 pleaded guilty yesterday to attempted murder charges.
• Vancouver Olympics gold medalist Lindsey Vonn is out for the season after suffering a knee injury in a crash that sent her tumbling down a mountain. She is said to be able to recover before the Sochi Winter Olympics.