Around the horn: Top 5 sports stories from the weekend
• Jerry Buss, owner of the Los Angeles Lakers, died today at 80 years old. Buss owned the team through 10 championships and acquired a great number of talented players who contributed to the team’s claim of highest winning percentage.
• NCAA VP of enforcement, Julie Roe Lach, was fired today after approving a financial deal between an NCAA enforcer and attorney of a former Miami booster.
• Famed South African, disabled Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius is set to return Tuesday to court to start his bail hearing after charges for murdering his 29-year-old model and law school graduate girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
• After a confrontation Sunday night that led to Cal basketball coach Mike Montgomery shoving Allen Crabbe, Cal athletics director Sandy Barbour had a conversation with coach.
• Former North Carolina State head basketball coach Sidney Lowe was arrested for not having filed his state income taxes for three years.