Super Bowl Staff Picks

Ben Roethlisberger should be in prison. Not for the charges we’ve all heard about relentlessly, but for fraud. Or bad acting. Or stealing Bob Ross’ identity. His nice-guy act during media week was vomit-inducing — I liked him better as a thug. That being said, I would never bet against him, and I really like Troy Polamalu.

Steelers 28, Packers 24

– Tim Kosch, sports editor

“”Look in your town, when you see me, you know everything. Green and yellow, green and yellow, green and yellow. I put it down, respectin’ for my team, I’m in green and yellow, green and yellow, green and yellow.”” If Lil Wayne’s in green and yellow, I’m in green and yellow.

Packers 31, Steelers 28

- Mike Schmitz, assistant sports editor

I just listened to Lil Wayne’s “”Green and Yellow”” Packer-themed rap song. While I can assure you that making Cheez Whiz puns about “”Black and Yellow”” creator Wiz Khalifa isn’t too difficult, I did appreciate the threat of Weezy cutting off Troy Polamalu’s hair — that’s gangsta (expletive).

Packers 27, Steelers, 24

– Kevin Zimmerman, sports writer

So there’s a porn star offering oral sex to all her Twitter followers at the Super Bowl if the Steelers win this Sunday. No joke. “”What could be more special than making a long line of horny men feel the pleasure that I’ll feel watching the Steelers win?”” Diamond Foxxx said. Steeler fans who want in must pass an STD test (sorry Steelers fans!). Hopefully Big Ben gets a waiver.

Steelers 35, Packers 14

– Bryan Roy, sports writer

I’ll be watching the hair battle between Green Bay’s Casey Matthews and Pittsburgh’s Troy Polamalu. They bring different hair qualities — dark, curly locks against a straight blond mane — but whoever has the better hair day will give his team the edge, and that’s Polamalu. After all, he’s got the Head & Shoulders commercial.

Steelers 38, Packers 24

– Nicole Dimstios, sports writer

No matter who wins the Super Bowl this Sunday, we’re all losers in the end. If the Steelers win, then we’ll hear the Yinzers (and wannabe Yinzers) yapping for the next year. If the Packers win, then it’s the cheese heads we’ll have to put up with.

Steelers/Packers fans 1, the rest of football fans 0.

– Alex Williams, sports writer

Brett Keisel will be busy with the squirrel on his face, Big Ben will be thinking about which sorority he will be hanging out with and James Harrison will be sending another check to the NFL. Big Ben will be rushed all night with a new center handling the ball.

Packers 31, Steelers 27

– Kevin Nadakal, sports writer

For all the talk of their hallowed “”Frozen Tundra,”” this year’s Packers team has actually been better in the cozy confines of a dome. Anything that makes Aaron Rodgers comfortable is going to give the Steelers fits and the Packers’ defense will make sure Ben Roethlisberger gets well acquainted with the turf in Jerry World.

Packers 24, Steelers 20

– Luke Money, news editor