The best sandwich I've ever eaten

I remember the first time I laid eyes on the Chocolate Iguana, situated on the corner of Fourth Avenue and 6th Street. The purple and green color scheme of the building had immediately attracted my eye, because purple and green usually don’t belong on a subject together unless that subject is Barney.

I knew I needed to invite myself in to the Chocolate Iguana and experience whatever laid inside the purple and green walls- and last week, I did.

The interior is small, but it was quaint, and it was cute. The register was snuggled in between colorful bags of candy and colorful plastic trinkets, and although the space was crowded, it was cozy.

I ordered a Turkey Pesto sandwich, and I’m going to defend this opinion for the rest of my life – that Turkey Pesto sandwich was the best sandwich I ever ate.

Now, I need to make a few things clear. I’m not a food critic, and I’m not Chef Gordon Ramsay, and a small bowl of Mac & Cheese can make me the happiest girl in the world, but this sandwich was an absolute delight.

They had me at “toasted French Baguette.” Slathered with pesto and roasted red peppers, the baguette was cooked to perfection in garlic olive oil and topped with melted mozzarella and thin-sliced turkey.

Today I am sad because I realized I don’t have nearly enough time or money to make the trek down to the Chocolate Iguana and buy the Turkey Pesto sandwich for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Maybe once a week will do.

Until we meet again, Turkey Pesto.