Thunderstorms 83° | 7 day forecast

Sunday, July 27, 2014 | Last updated: 9:18pm

Trending:
Wildcat Sports

Arizona softball signs two recruits from California

On Wednesday, the UA announced that two Californians signed with Arizona softball.

Patricia Parks and Ashleigh Hughes will join the Wildcats next season.

Parks is a pitcher, first baseman and outfielder from Chino, Calif.

“Trish is an outstanding athlete that will be able to contribute to the Wildcats both in the circle and offensively,” said UA head coach Mike Candrea. “She’s quiet, takes care of business, a hard worker and very coachable. She throws 62-64 with a lively arm. She attends Chino Hills H.S. and presently has a 3.6 GPA.”

Parks said she has wanted to attend the UA for as long as she can remember.

“Watching Arizona in the College World Series year after year has provided me motivation to be the best player I can be,” Parks said. “To play for coach Candrea and the rest of the coaching staff is like a dream come true for me. I have visited the campus multiple times and each time that I visit, I am reassured that this is the school for me.”

Hughes is an outfielder and infielder from Antelope, Calif.

“Ashleigh is an outstanding athlete and tremendous addition to the Arizona Wildcats,” Candrea said. “Ashleigh is a left handed hitter that has tremendous speed and power. She is presently playing for the So Cal Choppers coached by Gary and Dean Fausett. She attends Antelope High School and presently has a 3.1 GPA.”

Hughes said she chose Arizona because of the people.

“It felt like a place I could call home,” Hughes said. “I am most excited to be a part of the incredible tradition of the university and the softball team at Arizona.”

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Arizona Daily Wildcat.