Pac-12 baseball power rankings: Beavers climb to No. 1 in the country

1. No. 1 Oregon State (34-8, 17-4 Pac-12 Conference)
After breaking out the brooms and sweeping California, Oregon State now looks down on the rest of college baseball in the NCBWA poll. The Beavers picked a great time to get this hot and look like a College World Series-caliber squad.

2. No. 9 Oregon (34-13, 13-8)
The Ducks got back on track following a sweep over Arizona last weekend, improving to 21-5 at home. However, UO has a tough schedule ahead with games against Oregon State, ASU and UCLA coming up.

3. No. 13 Washington (33-11-1, 19-5)
UW continued its consistency, sweeping Utah in its own ballpark over the weekend and earning a hard-fought 8-7 win Monday against Grand Canyon (25-20). Taking all three home games against Bethune-Cookman (22-27) could possibly launch the Huskies into the NCBWA top 10.

4. Stanford (21-20, 9-12)
Even if UCLA is not the team it was last season, it had to feel good for the Cardinal to take a pair of games from the defending national champs.

5. ASU (24-20, 12-10)
The Sun Devils fought the good fight in all three highly competitive losses to an elite No. 7 Oklahoma State (35-13) program the past weekend. But a playoff team would have won at least one game against the Cowboys. The schedule doesn’t get any easier from here; a trio of dates with Oregon are coming up.

6. UCLA (23-21-1, 10-11)
UCLA should be embarrassed that in front of its home crowd, it was shut out 5-0 Saturday and fell again the next day 5-2 to Stanford. After winning just three of its last 10 games, it’s highly unlikely now that the Bruins will get a chance to defend their title in the postseason.

7. USC (25-20, 13-11)
Last week the Trojans cooled off, dropping three out of four games. Even though the series was played on the road, USC really hurt itself losing two out of three to Washington State.

8. Washington State (20-23, 10-11)
The Cougars surprised everyone by winning the series over the weekend against a hot USC team. WSU has another golden opportunity this week to add some more wins in a three-game road series with Utah.

9. California (19-24, 7-14)
Cal was shown no mercy from Oregon State last weekend. Then again, the Beavers haven’t shown anyone mercy as of late.

10. Arizona (18-28, 7-17)
Wildcats head coach Andy Lopez has admitted publicly that he’s already thinking about 2015. Hard to blame the guy when he’s only seen Arizona win two of its last 10 games this late in the season.

11. Utah (13-28, 3-18)
Utah scored a season high 17 runs on Sunday against Washington. Alas, the Utes pitching staff gave up 21 that game. It’s been a tough year for the Utes, to say the very least.