Kid Ink comes to the Rialto

Courtesy of Kid Ink
    Kid Ink is performing at Rialto on Thursday, Aug. 14, at 8 p.m. Doors are opening at 7 p.m.

School starts in two weeks, and many Wildcats are already here in Tucson. Without piles of homework or any classes to study for, we find ourselves searching for a fun night — something that a Kid Ink concert promises. He will be performing at The Rialto Theatre on Thursday

Kid Ink took his name for his famously tattooed body. He began his career working on his production skills behind the control board for artists such as Sean “Diddy” Combs and Sean Kingston. He broke out onto the music scene in 2010 with his mixtape Crash Landing and has worked his way up to become one of the top hip-hop artists of today. He uses his word play, music and beats creatively to create an experience that is true to only him. XXL Mag calls Kid Ink’s live performances “unpredictable and entertaining.”

“I remember when Kid Ink was doing mix tapes,” said Kaeli Johnson, a communication junior. “I think it’s really incredible how he flawlessly transitions from that into this hugely famous rapper. He really came from some no name guy all the way to the top. He takes a lot of risks with his songs and I think that’s really what attracts his listeners to him.”

TeeFLii, Kennedys, Diamante, Colt and Young Hectic/Young Mac will be opening for Kid Ink. TeeFLii writes and composes all his own music and, according to the Rialto, is an experience all of his own, calling his genre “FLii&B” as opposed to R&B. With so many incredible artists from the R&B and rap world jamming along before Kid Ink pops his tattooed head out from behind backstage, it won’t be a surprise when fans are pumped and prepared for his tunes.

Rap shows tend to attract large audiences because these concerts are genuinely full of fun. The bass bounces off your ears and into your feet, causing almost incoherent and inescapable dance moves to flow out. It isn’t hard to spot fans as they begin to bounce to and fro to the beat of the music. Furthermore, concerts of this genre being held at the Rialto tend to cause even more of a commotion. The standing arena on the bottom floor of the theater creates an aura that is known to be virtually inescapable, made even more incredible with musicians who use the bass and beats to their advantage like Kid Ink.

Just weeks before school kicks off, Kid Ink will be using his rap/hip-hop style that promises an exciting show to kick off the school year with.

Doors open at 7 p.m., the show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are between $25 and $35.