Police Beat: April 1

You got me, officer

A non-UA affiliated woman was cited for criminal speeding on March 24 at about 10:36 a.m.

A University of Arizona Police Department officer was near the intersection of Campbell Avenue and Waverly Street monitoring for speeding cars when a black Chevrolet Avalanche came speeding by.

The officer clocked the car going 62 mph in a 32 mph zone. The officer then pulled the car over to talk to the driver.

The driver immediately said, “I know why you pulled me over. I was speeding.”

She was issued cited for criminal speeding and released.

The mysterious bullet

A UAPD officer was called in to investigate property damage at UA Prince Farms on March 20.

When the officer arrived, a UA staff member told the officer that he had dug a bullet out from near the roof line of one of the farm buildings. The staff member showed the officer the damage caused by the bullet.

The staff member did not know exactly when the bullet hit the building but estimated that it probably had happened sometime within the last six months.

The smashed bullet was placed into UAPD property for later destruction.

After investigating, the officer did not think that the damage was caused by someone deliberately shooting at the building. There are no suspects or witnesses.

Call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me

A UA faculty member reported receiving harassing and unwanted phone calls on March 24.

The faculty member told two UAPD officers that he had been receiving calls from a company called E-Loan for the past three weeks. According to the faculty member, they had been calling multiple times a day and asking to speak to “Barbara” about her loan application.

The faculty member had called the company to tell them to stop calling him, but was still receiving harassing calls on a daily basis.

The officers asked the faculty member what he would like them to do, and he said, “Please call the number and ask them to stop calling [me].”

One officer then called the number of E-Loan and left a voicemail asking the company to stop calling the faculty member.

The officers also recommended that the faculty member block E-Loan on his phone.