Miley Cyrus: The Movement

All right, I know what you’re all thinking, not another Miley blog post. I know, it took a lot of convincing for me to write it and even more for me to listen to Miley’s new album.

After her traumatic appearance on the VMA’s where several papers and establishments said she molested Robin Thicke, it was safe to say that Miley had officially lost it.

She traded in her long, golden wig for short jagged hair and switched her country voice for hip-hop. Gone are the days of the beloved Disney icon and instead, we have new naked-wrecking ball-dancing teddy bear Miley.

Miley’s come a long way from singles like “7 Things I Hate About You” and “See You Again.” Her entire life has changed since those singles released. She’s gone a little nutty, but her music is at an entirely different place creatively.

However, surprising as it may be, I wouldn’t completely rule out her new album Bangerz. Creatively and musically, Miley is at her peak. While her moral decisions are certainly questionable, Miley has never before had this kind of freedom in her artistic style.

She could do anything –and I mean anything – at this point and she would catch the public’s eye. She may seem like she has no idea what she’s doing, but Miley is crafty. She knew that if she got on stage with those god-awful pigtails and changed the way everyone views foam fingers, she would become a sensation.

Now, whether she was receiving good or bad publicity didn’t really matter. It was the fact that she graced the headlines of major publications all over the country and I can almost guarantee that wasn’t an accident.

Miley is, undeniably, a movement of this generation’s time. Whether we like it or not, she’ll be a name that comes up in conversation for years to come. She may be a train wreck, but she’s the show everyone is lining up to see.